Introducing the new-look Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc
- 14 August, 2015 06:17
As HP prepares to separate into two companies on November 1, 2015, the tech giant has introduced the expected members of the boards of directors for both Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc.
Each board will include members of the current HP board, as well as several new directors chosen after a “comprehensive review” of personal and professional qualifications as they relate to the specific needs of the two new companies.
Upon completion of the separation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will provide the technology solutions customers need to optimise their traditional IT, while helping them build a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-ready infrastructure that is uniquely suited to their needs.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise will be led by current HP chief executive officer Meg Whitman.
Meanwhile, HP Inc. will be a leading personal systems and printing company with a strong innovation pipeline across areas such as 3D printing and new computing experiences.
HP Inc. will be led Dion Weisler, who currently runs the Printing and Personal Systems Group at HP.
The new board for each company will go into effect upon completion of the separation.
In addition, current Board member James Skinner has announced that he has resigned from the Board, effective upon completion of the separation, due to the increased workload of his new role as Executive Chairman of Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
The board of directors of Hewlett Packard Enterprise will be chaired by Pat Russo, who joined the HP board in 2011 and currently serves as its lead independent director.
Russo previously served as chief executive officer of Alcatel-Lucent, as well as chairman, president and chief executive officer of Lucent Technologies Inc.
In addition to Russo, the Hewlett Packard Enterprise board of directors is expected to include:
• Dan Ammann, President, General Motors
• Marc Andreessen, Co-founder, AH Capital Management, LLC
• Michael J. Angelakis, Senior Advisor to the Executive Management Committee, Comcast Corporation; former Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer, Comcast Corporation
• Leslie A. Brun, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sarr Group, LLC
• Pamela Carter, former President, Cummins Distribution
• Klaus Kleinfeld, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Alcoa Inc.
• Raymond J. Lane, Partner Emeritus, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
• Ann M. Livermore, former Executive Vice President, HP Enterprise Business
• Raymond E. Ozzie, Chief Executive Officer, Talko Inc.
• Gary M. Reiner, Operating Partner, General Atlantic
• Lip-Bu Tan, Chairman, Walden International; President and Chief Executive Officer, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
• Meg Whitman, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, HP
“We set out to create two Boards with the most experienced, global-minded and diverse members we could find to help each company win in their unique markets,” Russo says.
“In addition to their collective business acumen, the new board members have worked in more than a dozen countries around the world.
“They will provide strong leadership and invaluable insights into international operations, market opportunities and effective governance.”
At present, Andreessen, Kleinfeld, Lane, Livermore, Ozzie, Reiner, Russo and Whitman all currently serve as members of the board of directors of HP.
According to the tech giant, Whitman will chair the board of directors for HP Inc.
Whitman has served as president and chief executive officer of HP since September 2011, in addition to serving as director of HP since January 2011 and Chairman of the board of HP since July 2014.
“The post-separation Boards for both Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. comprise leaders with some of the most diverse backgrounds and professional experiences I’ve seen in my career,” Whitman says.
“I’m confident that these boards will successfully serve the needs of both companies and their shareholders at a defining moment in time.”
In addition to Whitman, the HP Inc. board of directors is expected to include:
• Shumeet Banerji, Founder, Condorcet, LP; former Chief Executive Officer, Booz & Company, Inc.
• Carl Bass, President, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Autodesk, Inc.
• Robert R. Bennett, Managing Director, Hilltop Investments, LLC; former President and Chief Executive Officer, Liberty Media Corporation
• Charles V. “Chip” Bergh, President and Chief Executive Officer, Levi Strauss & Co.
• Stacy Brown-Philpot, Chief Operating Officer, TaskRabbit, Inc.
• Stephanie A. Burns, former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dow Corning Corporation
• Mary Anne Citrino, Senior Advisor, Blackstone
• Rajiv Gupta, former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Rohm and Haas Company
• Stacey Mobley, former Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, DuPont
• Subra Suresh, President, Carnegie Mellon University
• Dion Weisler, Executive Vice President, HP
At present, Banerji, Bennett, Gupta, and Whitman currently serve on the board of directors of HP.
“I’m very excited to work with the new Board of HP Inc.,” Weisler says.
“HP Inc. has tremendous opportunities and having a skilled board with a global perspective is critical to me and my management team, especially as we embark into new markets like 3-D printing and immersive computing.
“The chance to take in the skills of new board members is a great benefit of the separation.”