Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- 5 disruptive storage technologies for 2020
- Spark announces more fixed 5G service areas
- Google taps fitness tracker market with $2.1 billion bid for Fitbit
- Google makes bid to acquire Fitbit
- Amazon to its competitors: Our voice assistants need to play nice together
- Amazon launches initiative to bundle virtual assistants on single device
- Once hacked, twice shy: How auto supplier Harman learned to fight cyber carjackers
- Apple reveals triple-camera iPhone
- Will Apple's next iPhone include reverse wireless charging? (Signs say yes.)
- Apple exec confirms cryptocurrency is on company radar
- SMS-based provisioning messages enable advanced phishing on Android phones
- Apple CEO warns Trump about China tariffs, Samsung competition
- Virtual reality experiences can help ease severe pain
- Huawei unveils Harmony operating system, won't ditch Android for smartphones
- Samsung and Microsoft expand cross-device partnership