According to the tech giant, Whitman will chair the board of directors for HP Inc.
Whitman has served as president and chief executive officer of HP since September 2011, in addition to serving as director of HP since January 2011 and Chairman of the board of HP since July 2014.
“The post-separation Boards for both Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. comprise leaders with some of the most diverse backgrounds and professional experiences I’ve seen in my career,” Whitman says.
“I’m confident that these boards will successfully serve the needs of both companies and their shareholders at a defining moment in time.”
In addition to Whitman, the HP Inc. board of directors is expected to include:
• Shumeet Banerji, Founder, Condorcet, LP; former Chief Executive Officer, Booz & Company, Inc.
• Carl Bass, President, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Autodesk, Inc.
• Robert R. Bennett, Managing Director, Hilltop Investments, LLC; former President and Chief Executive Officer, Liberty Media Corporation
• Charles V. “Chip” Bergh, President and Chief Executive Officer, Levi Strauss & Co.
• Stacy Brown-Philpot, Chief Operating Officer, TaskRabbit, Inc.
• Stephanie A. Burns, former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dow Corning Corporation
• Mary Anne Citrino, Senior Advisor, Blackstone
• Rajiv Gupta, former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Rohm and Haas Company
• Stacey Mobley, former Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, DuPont
• Subra Suresh, President, Carnegie Mellon University
• Dion Weisler, Executive Vice President, HP
At present, Banerji, Bennett, Gupta, and Whitman currently serve on the board of directors of HP.
“I’m very excited to work with the new Board of HP Inc.,” Weisler says.
“HP Inc. has tremendous opportunities and having a skilled board with a global perspective is critical to me and my management team, especially as we embark into new markets like 3-D printing and immersive computing.
“The chance to take in the skills of new board members is a great benefit of the separation.”